As part of our commitment to make our online services a great place to meet and interact with others around the world, you agree to abide by our code of conduct. Your commitment to these guidelines in all of your activities ensures a positive experience for all participants. Specific groups, chats, forums and other services may have additional guidelines which govern your use, so be sure to review them in addition to this code of conduct.
FrostWire.com is not responsible for the content or activities in any of our communication services. We reserve the right to terminate your access to any of our communication services or delete content, without notice, found to be in violation of the code of conduct.
Our communication services are designed for individuals 13 years of age or older.
Be a Good Neighbor
- Please treat all other online participants with respect and do not use our communication services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse other users.
- FrostWire operators reserve the right to remove user-created services and content that advocate or encourage expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, obscenity or profanity.
- Hosts, Operators or FrostWire.com may, at will and without notice, remove postings or ban participants that are deemed objectionable or that violate this code of conduct.
- Impersonating a team member, representative, operator, agent, manager, host, affiliate or another user is strictly forbidden.
- Do not use our communication services to spam others. Spam includes sending identical and irrelevant or unsolicited submissions to many different users, and includes misrepresenting the source of anything you post. Spamming and scrolling in chat rooms are serious violations of online etiquette.
- Public or private, you are not to use our communication services to collect information on user habits. This includes, but is not limited to surveys, polls, questionnaires or any tracking devices that may be the basis of any marketing statistics, studies, graphs or demographics based on any information gathered from our general public without our prior consent.
Know the Law
- FrostWire.com does not allow behavior or content related to illegal activities. You cannot use our communication services to publish, post, distribute or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene or other unlawful material or discussion. This includes, but is not limited to, child pornography, bestiality, incest, illegal drugs, digital piracy, and harassment.
- You may not use our communications services for the purpose of linking to external sites that may violate this code of conduct.
- Do not upload files or post messages that contain photos, music, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents. We are not responsible for any use of material posted by users.
- Do not post or promote any materials that could harm or disrupt another user's computer or would allow others to inappropriately access software or web sites.
- In addition to upholding this code of conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all local and national laws that pertain to your location.
- Our communication services are not designed as the primary place to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to any communication service such as photos, documents and software. We are not responsible for loss of, access to, deletion, alteration, or restoration of any materials associated with our communication services.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own judgment when evaluating information provided through any communication service, and remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions is your own and you should perform your own research prior to making any decisions.
Help Protect Your Children, Privacy and Property
- We caution you against giving out any personally identifiable information (such as your social security number, credit card number, name, address, telephone number, driver's license number, password(s), etc.) online. This information can easily be used for illegal or harmful purposes.
- You are responsible for protecting your computer against interference or viruses that may be encountered on the Internet and our communication services. We may not screen, backup, or restore user-created material stored within our communication services. We recommend you install a virus protection program on your computer and keep it up to date.
- We encourage parents to join their children as they explore the Internet so that parents can be aware of and help exercise control over the material their children encounter, and to help make sure that their children do not post /images of themselves, school records, or any other identifying information that could be used in a harmful manner.
Thanks for following this code of conduct and joining us! We reserve the right to amend or change the code of conduct at any time and encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.
Last Revision: May 2007